The Luxe Cannabis Society is delighted to present David Downs, Cannabis Editor of the San Francisco Chronicle and acknowledged expert on the state cannabis in the State of California.
In spite of the fact that the recreational use of cannabis has now been formally sanctioned in California, immense confusion still exists as state and municipal authorities seek to regulate cannabis production, distribution, marketing and consumption, and provide a systematic and rational environment for what is currently estimated to be a $5 billion annual business, fecund by nature, that continues to grow with unabated speed and ferocity.
In this one-to-one conversation, David Downs brings us up to date on the state of cannabis and provides a seasoned view of what the future will look like for cannabis and its devotees. In this presentation, you will learn about:
- The current regulatory environment in the State of California
- How will cannabis consumption fare in the Bay Area?
- The impact of Federal Department of Justice policies
- Who are the major investors and players in the business and how will the marketplace deal with “big business” incursions and dominance?
- What will happen to the current medical marijuana licensing system?
- What are current trends with respect to demographics, marketing and consumption?